Want to learn medical coding?
is your solution
MedCode Logix, in partnership with the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), delivers this 16-week medical coding program which prepares students for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam. The CPC certification exam will be offered at the end of the program session.
*Classes have been postponed due to COVID-19. We are currently enrolling for a future date to be determined.
What is Medical Coding?
Medical coding is the process of reviewing and translating clinical documentation into codes that summarize patient conditions and the procedures or services provided to them. The coder is part of the healthcare revenue cycle as accurate coding of diagnoses, medical tests, treatments, and procedures ensures the provider is appropriately reimbursed for services rendered.
Medical Coding Program Details
Currently offering in-person classroom instruction only. Virtual instruction coming soon.
Spring: January through May
(Spring session begins January 5, 2022.)
Fall: August through December
Wednesday – 4:30pm – 8:30pm
Saturday – 9:00am – 1:00pm (optional)
- CPC workbook and textbook
- ICD-10-CM Coding Book
- AMA CPT Professional Coding Book
- HCPCS Level II Expert Coding Book
- Student membership to AAPC
- CPC exam- 2 attempts
- 8 hours of classroom instruction weekly
- Study guides, handouts, practice exams
Payment plans available (See Payment Plan Information)
- A non-refundable deposit payment of $795 is due with enrollment agreement.
- Balance of tuition options: (choose one)
- Payment in Full – 10% discount off of full tuition cost if balance is paid in full, 2 weeks prior to session start date.
- Payment Plan – Down payment of $795 due 3 weeks prior to session start date, with the balance to be paid in 4 installments of $700 each. Tuition to be paid in full by the first day of the last month of the session. (i.e., Fall session: December 1st, Spring session: May 1st.)
- Methods of payment accepted: PayPal*, credit card* payment through website, check, or money order (mail to 4025 Barnard Drive, Lexington, KY 40509)
About The Instructor
Dana Greer Campbell serves as the President and Executive Instructor of the MedCode Logix Certification Program. She has over 23 years of healthcare experience in both professional and facility coding, auditing, billing, and compliance.
Dana has a Bachelor’s of Education degree from the University of Kentucky and currently maintains a Certified Professional Coder and Certified Professional Coder- Instructor certification with the American Academy of Professional Coders.
She started her medical coding career while working in the billing and coding department of a General and Vascular Surgery practice. From there, she moved on to a Senior Outpatient Coding position with Catholic Health Initiatives- Kentucky One and gained experience in multi-specialty surgery coding.
Dana is currently employed by Conifer Health Solutions as a Coding Quality Auditor and works from home. The constantly changing medical field is her passion and she loves to teach the basic coding guidelines and challenging thinking of a medical coder.